Monday, December 24, 2012

THE KINGDOM OF GOD?

WHAT AND WHERE IS THIS "KINGDOM" OF GOD

I've been hearing about this "Kingdom" for many years but I always thought it was something far away, in the distant future, something I'd never see, at least not in this life, but as I study the Word and listen to certain teachers, I am beginning to understand what Jesus meant when He said,  "But seek first the Kingdom and His righteousness,,,," And "The Kingdom Of God is within you...." First, Where do we look for God's Kingdom? Sense Jesus instructs us to "seek first" and then He tells us bluntly that it is "within us", now that we know where it is we just need to find it. Evidently, we don't have  to go very far in order to find it. But can it really be that easy? Well, yes and no. Some people never find it because they simply don't look for it or they don't "believe" that it really exists.
Well, Jesus seems to think that it's real because He talked alot about it and taught His disciples how it operates. "The knowledge of the secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven has been given to "you", but not to them".  Matthew 13:11  So, how do we get to be part of the "you" who know the secrets of the Kingdom?
Man, I don't know about you, but I'd like to know those secrets! Wow, to know the "secrets of the Kingdom of God" would be awesome to say the least. My next post will shed more light on this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment