Saturday, December 22, 2012

TAMING THE TONGUE

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY

"We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check. When we put bits in the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts."   James 3:3-5


Father God, Yahweh, Help me to control my tongue. I know some of the things I say and talk about are not right and are useless for anything. Help me to say good words, instead of bad words. Help me to talk about upbuilding things and pleasant sayings that praise and encourage those around me. Help me to share this wisdom I get from Your Word and so doing, I bring glory and honor to Your name. Thank You Lord God for hearing my prayers and answering them. Thank You for being my source for everything, my Provider, Protector, and Healer. In the name of Yeshua, Jesus, my Lord and Savior. Amein  

No comments:

Post a Comment