Thursday, January 17, 2013

EVERYTHING IS MEANINGLESS?

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY

"Meaningless! Meaningless! says the teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everthing is meaningless."
What does a man gain from all his labor at which he toils under the sun? Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains forever. The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises.   Ecclesiastes 1:2-5

"I amassed silver and gold for myself, and the treasure of kings and provinces. I aquired men and women singers, and a harem as well---the delights of the heart of man. I became greater by far than anyone in Jerusalem before me. In all this my wisdom stayed with me."  Ecclesiastes 2:8-9

"Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun." Ecclesiastes 2:11 


PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, Thank You for Your Word. It is more valueble than silver or gold. It shows us how fragile and incomlpete we are without You. Without You, we are dust. And everything is meaningless because we live a short while on earth then we die and are forgotten in a short time. But with You, we are immortal. We can live forever and enjoy all the good things in Your kingdom as sons and daughters of the King, heirs, according to the promises in Your Word. Help me to understand this and pass it on to those who would otherwise not know Your wonderful plan for us...Thank You for saving us from ourselves and giving us the gift of everlasting life with You in paradise. Thank You for being my Protector, Healer, and Provider. In the name Of Jesus, Yeshua, I "pray for the peace of Jerusalem, they will prosper that love thee." Make it so

No comments:

Post a Comment