Sunday, April 1, 2012

ABOUT PSALMS?

According to The New International Version of the Holy Scriptures the Psalms are poems or songs of praise, worship, thankfulness and repentance, and each one of them is complete in itself. They show a variety of feelings, emotions, attitudes and interest.

King David wrote 73 of the 150 Psalms then Asaph-12, Sons of Korah-10 and Moses-1, Heman-1, Ethan -1  and 1 or 2 by Solomon. The rest of the Psalms have no recorded author.

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit at the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD and on His law he meditates day and night."
Psalm 1:1-2

"Why do the nations conspire and the peoples plot in vain? The kings of the earth take their stand and the rulers gather together against the LORD and against His Anointed One."
Psalm 2:1-2

"I will declare the decree of the LORD: He said to me, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father. Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession..."
Psalm 2:7-8

"Answer me when I call you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer."
Psalm 4:1

Some people have taken these Words from God and turned them into Gospel songs. I did it myself with Psalm 40 although I have'nt used it in ministry yet, I found it way easier to put a psalm to music than my original lyricks. Some people might say I 'stole' a song from God, but how can a man 'steal' what was given to him? God wants us to use His Word to get to people, to know Him and to make Him known. Thank the Almighty God, Yahweh for His Word because that's how we can know the mind and heart of God, through His Word and the Holy Spirit. Happy Palm Sunday!

Father God, thank you for this day and all my blessings. Thank you for answering my prayers and giving me knowledge and wisdom to share with others. Despite my sinful nature, You still love me and I will serve you with joy and thanksgiving all the days of my life. In the name of Jesus, Yeshua, our Lord and Messiah. Make it so.           

No comments:

Post a Comment