Wednesday, April 18, 2012

"I am God, your God."

........"I am God, your God. I do not rebuke you for your sacrifices or your burnt offerings, which are ever before me. I have no need of a bull from your stall or of goats from your pens, for every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird in the mountains, and the creatures of the field are mine. If I were hungry I would not tell you, for the world is mine and all that's in it. Do I eat the flesh of bulls or drink the blood of goats? Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High, and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you and you will honor me."
Psalm 50:8-15

It's comforting to know that our God understands us in every way. More than anything else, He desires for us to be obedient to Him so that things will go well for us, especially now in these last days. He does not need anything from us exept our Love. To love him is to be in comunication with Him through prayer and to be obedient to Him as best we can. To know His will and His mind we have only to examine His Word to us, and ask Him for understanding and discernment so we can serve Him in the way that is pleasing to Him. After all, He is our creator, we would not exsist if not for Him. We are here because of His love. We all serve some one or some thing, right? Even if we think we serve ourselves we are still dependent on the One who made all things, who provides food for our bodies by making the sun shine and the rain fall. Who feeds our spirits with truth and instructions for a happy and prosperous life here and now on this earth that was created for us. Seek Him, and He will draw close to you and you will experience His love and compassion, His mercy and His grace, despite your sinful nature.  Shalom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment