Friday, June 8, 2012

ADULTRY? DIVORCE? EYE FOR AN EYE?

"You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultry.' But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultry with her in his heart."
Matthew 5-27-28

"It has been said, 'Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce'. But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, exept for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adultress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultry."
Matthew 5:312-32

"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well."
Matthew 5:38-40

Here is what Jesus said about these three things that many of us struggle with. If we take these teachings to heart and do them it will go well with us. I personally am weak when it comes to beautiful women. I find it very difficult not look at a beautiful woman without a lustful thought. I believe it's just one more thing that we need God's forgiveness for. It's part of our sinful nature that we inherited from Adam and Eve. One thing I know, we can be forgiven for all these things if we come to the Lord in prayer and ask for forgiveness. That is repentance, changing our way of thinking about our sins and confessing to God that we are sinners in need of a Savior. He is faithfull to forgive us, if we ask.

Father God Yahweh, thank You Lord for Your Word and the wisdom that it is. Thank You for Your mercy and Your grace and forgiveness of sin. I need You Lord Jesus, in my life, to help me and guide me by Your Word so that my life will be a light to others who are seeking You. To bring glory and honor to Your name. Help me to understand Your Word and share it with others according to Your will and purpose. Watch over my children and Grandchildren in these last days and keep us all safe and happy until your kingdom comes.
I have a special prayer request for a freind who has a medical condition, You know what it is and who he is, heal him now in the name of Jesus! And by the power of the Holy Spirit, make it so! Thank You Lord, for answering my prayer. Amein    

No comments:

Post a Comment