Thursday, February 9, 2012

TOO PROUD?

Are you too proud to say you believe in God? Are you too proud to pray in public before a meal? Are you too proud to talk about Jesus with your friends? Are you ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus?
I think many of us struggle with these feelings. I for one, am guilty. There is so many times when I'm out , whether it is at a friends house or a restaraunt or a relative's house when I want to talk about the bible or God or Jesus but I don't because I'm afraid they won't accept it or be offended or be uncomfortable about this subject.
It's not that I am ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus, I think it's that I believe I am not worthy to talk about God because I am such a sinner. It's almost hippocritcal. By almost I mean that I'm not 'play acting' as is the definition of the word 'hippocrite' but I stand convicted by my own behavior.
I don't want others to think that I think I'm self-righteous. Public prayer is rare these days. I remember when people would bow their heads in a restaraunt to pray before the meal and others around respected that. Now a days it's almost a crime to pray in public for fear of offending an athiest or a muslim. You know, that's not right!
But here's what's going on with me now. I'm seeing that God is trying to use me for that very reason, to be an example to others who are like minded and to send the message that God still loves us and wants to be closer to us. He wants to use us. Even though we are not perfect. As we permit Him to show us "great and mighty things that we know not."  through His Word, we get stronger and stronger until that guilt just simply goes away. Why should we care what a muslim thinks about our prayer? Why should we care about what an athiest thinks, "This gospel is foolishness to those who are parishing" says the Word.
The stronger we get in the Word the less we will care about what others think of our faith. Remember, we stand on God's promises to us who believe. "If God be for us , who can be against us."
 May the God of Abraham,Isaac, and Jacob bless you and keep you, may the LORD make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you, the LORD turn His face toward you and give you His peace."  Numbers 6:22-27  

No comments:

Post a Comment