Wednesday, February 22, 2012

HOW TO PRAY?

Prayer is really a conversation between you and God. So when you pray, you talk to God. Just close your eyes and address Him, "Father God", "Heavenly Father", Lord God, or you can use one of His names, "Yahweh" His Hebrew name. Or "Jehovah" the english translation of Yahweh. Always pray in the name of Jesus because Jesus said "No one comes to the Father exept through me."  The first thing I say is "Thank You Lord for all my blessings." Before I learned how to talk to God I would start out asking for stuff. Or for people to act different toward me, or for God to sympythise with me about something stupid. Then I found out that God already gave me a certain amount of power and that I could 'Call things that are not as though they were." Doing what God says to do in His Word increases the chances of God answering my prayers. So now I just thank God for already making happen what has'nt happened yet. This is faith. "Without faith it is impossible to please God." Now God takes notice of your prayers and things start to happen.  I have had many of my prayers answered recently and that is truely an awesome thing to see. I could go into detail about how God is answering my prayers, about money, about relationships, about wisdom, about freedom, about joy, and I may have in other posts. This is the 2nd year of this blog and the things I asked for last year, most of them have come about. By prayer.  All I can say is that this is how it works for me and if you have'nt seen your prayers answered then you need to try a different way.
So when you pray, ask for the things of the 'Kingdom' Like the "Lords Prayer" Jesus says "Our Father in Heaven, let your name be sanctified, let your kingdom come, let Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven....." The things in God's kingdom on earth are things like these, love, joy, peace, kindness, mildness, faithfullness, patience, self-control, and goodness. The fruits of the Spirit. And you can say things like, "Thank You Lord God that I am growing in Your Word and that You are answering my prayers, help me to seek first Your Kingdom and then everything else will be given me according to Your will and Word." This is in line with God's Word. This takes practice, God knows what we want and need before we even ask so practice praying for what God says He wants for us in His Word.
He wants us healthy. He wants us wise. He wants us to be joyful and happy. And He does not want His children to be poor, He wants to bless us so we can be a blessing to others by faithful giving. He knows that we need money and "He will open the windows of heaven and poor us out a blessing we cant contain"... If we will just listen to His instructions and be a doer of His word. I am living proof of this!! Me, a sinner! I am in the middle of an answered prayer as I write this Post! Thank You Lord God Yahweh! In the name of Jesus, Amen!   

No comments:

Post a Comment