Saturday, February 4, 2012

STILL SINNIN'?

I want so bad to  explain how a person like me, a sinner, can at the same time, serve God with spirit and truth.
I have a friend, more than one actually, that would rather not hear me talk about the bible and God and drink a beer or have some wine at the same time. Or just knowing that I still drink but have a tendancy to start talking about God. Does that make me a hippocrit? I think not. And here's why:
Just because a saved person still has certain weaknesses should not keep him quiet about what God has done in his or her life. That would be a worse  sin than drinking some beer or smoking a stinking cigarette. I can't help but talk and write about what I know and understand about God and His word. The Word says; "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."  2Corinthians 12:9-10. Read the whole chapter and try to get what Paul was feeling. He still had sin and weakness in his life and he had a direct encounter with the Lord Himself. There is no where in the Gospel, that I know of, where people who come to Christ, even the Apostles, become suddenly sinless and perfect after being saved. It is impossible for any of us to be good enough to earn our way to heaven.
What I am saying is that some of us are gradually 'transformed' and some others may be suddenly 'transformed ' like some of the people on T.V.
The apostle Paul was called by God to reach the Gentiles with the Gospel message. Just because he was being used this way by God did not automatically become sinless. Here's what he said: "Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners----of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display His unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on Him and recieve eternal life." 1Timothy 1:15-16  Here Paul admits that he is still a sinner even though he is being used by Jesus to reach the gentile world. Being saved does not make one sinless. As we grow as believers we gradually loose interest in certain things like smoking and drinking and cussing and other things that are considered sinful behavior. Don't let sin hinder you from serving God, He came for you! God bless you richly, Amen   

2 comments:

  1. I see what you are saying, and I for the most part agree, but it is a slippery slope. Your sin is drinking. Perhaps mine is stealing, would it glorify God if I leave a few tracts in every car I steal a radio out of? It isn't a good ideal to drink and drive, drinking and evangelizing is pretty much the same thing! Still, I've used my sin as an excuse for not serving God,and you are right, the fact that we are defficient isn't an excuse, it is the whole point of our Saviour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for your comment. God bless you. Lance

      Delete