Friday, February 3, 2012

STILL SINNIN'?

I want so bad to explain how a person can still be a believer and serve God and have sin and weakness in his or her life.
I have more than one friend that take offense when I come over to drink some beer or have some wine with them and start to talk about God and the bible. I can't help talking about what I know and understand about God and His Word. Even though I have my own weaknesses and 'giants' to slay I am still not gonna be quiet about what I know and what God has permitted me to understand.
First, just because we get saved does not automatically make us 'perfect' like the enemy would have us believe. For the majority of us our transformation is gradual. There are some who experience 'instant' transformation and I wish that could be the case for all of us but it's not. The enemy has used our weaknesses to make us feel guilty and unworthy so many who would turn to God won't because they believe the lies about sin and weaknesses the devil uses to draw us away from the truth.
The truth is that there will always be weakness and sin in our lives until Jesus comes back. Until then, here's what The Lord told Paul: "My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness." Then Paul wrote,  "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."    2Corinthian 12:9-10  Read the whole chapter.
He's not saying he is condemned, but that he is saved by God's grace and power.
I believe most of us will gradually get rid of certain things in our lives like the sins we tend to feel guilty about, drinkin,' smokin', cussin' ect... When we 'let go and let God' and stop feeling guilty and using these things as an exuse not to get closer to God then these things just go away.
I myself have been delivered from tobacco, depression, predudice, and several other maladies just by letting the Word do it's thing in my life. The more Word I get the less I am drawn to these other things. It's like 2 glasses of water, one dirty and one clean, dump the clean glass into the dirty one and it gets cleaner, dump more clean water into the dirty and it's cleaner yet, right, the same with the Word and your mind. More later. In the mean time don't let sin hold you back from serving God. Let serving God hold you back from sin. May God bless you richly.        

No comments:

Post a Comment