Wednesday, March 27, 2013

THANK GOD FOR YOUR FOOD?

WHY?

I thank God before I eat my meals because it gets me closer to Him. It shows Him that we appreciate the way He provides for us and I think it makes a difference when we pray for other things. Its another way to bring glory to Him and honor Him by acknowledging that He's listening. It does'nt have to be some long drawn out prayer just something short and sweet. Even when I have a snack sometimes I'll just feel like saying something like: "Thank You Lord God for this blessing. In Jesus' name Amen."  It's a way to keep your mind Him too. I think there a scripture that says something like, "Blessed is the man whose mind is stayed on the Lord." Im not sure what book of the Bible it's in. Maybe one of you will know.
Have you watched the "The Life of Jesus" movie yet? I've seen it several times and the prayer Jesus used to bless the five loaves and two small fishes kinda stayed in my mind so that's the prayer I always say before I eat. It goes like this: "Blessed are you O Lord our God, King of the universe, who brings forth bread (food) from the earth." Thank You Father God, in Jesus' name. Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY

"Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes."
Romans 10:4

  

No comments:

Post a Comment