Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Thought to Share

I have been a believer for a long time but never really knew the power that is available to us through our prayers. I used to think that because I was a "sinner" God would not listen to me. I smoked and drank and did things that most "sinners" do not realizing that I was just the one God was looking for. He was willing to take me in just the way I was and make me His son and give me His love despite my sinful nature.
Having Jesus in my life has made a huge difference in my way of thinking, even though I am still a work in progress I have full faith that some day I will become the man Ive always wanted to be. My main goal in this life is to follow Christ and be a blessing to my family and friends despite my imperfections and sinful nature. As I grow in Gods wisdom and truth my life is changing for the best before my eyes, although I have moments of weakness and bad judgement calls I still hold firm to the truth thats sets us free. That truth is the good news, The Gospel message found in Gods Word. John 3:16 The free gift of eternal life by Gods grace alone, not by things we do or dont do but by Gods undeserved kindness. We need only to accept Jesus as our savior, admit to our sinful nature, and recieve the forgiveness and love he has for us.  Lance

1 comment:

  1. Terrific thoughts man. Who would any of us be without Christ? It's great to hear that at your age you are still trying to become a better man than you are now. Guess that means none of us ever really reach perfection, eh?
    Peace, Mark

    ReplyDelete