Saturday, January 25, 2014

LET THEM GO HOME?

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body."   Philippians 3:20-21  (N.I.V.)

I hear about a pregnant woman being kept alive on artificial life support for an extended period of time in hope that a recovery may take place. I can only imagine the heart ache her husband and family must be going through watching and hoping for her to open her eyes and come to life again. She has been declared "brain dead" and her chances of ever recovering are near 0. Where is she and where is her baby? Are they laying there in that hospital bed bound to a non-functioning body of flesh? Are their "spirits" in limbo, stuck where they are  desperately wanting released to be welcomed into their heavenly home. When there is no hope of recovery, it seems to me to be the most humane and compassionate thing to do would be to let them "go home," return the God who created them and take their places in heaven where there is no pain or suffering, fear and anguish, only the unspeakable joy, beauty, freedom, and love like we here on earth will never know until we take our places there in the presence of our loving heavenly Father.
 If it was me confined to a body that doesn't work, a mind that can't think, and a heart that only beats with the help of a machine I would want to go home and be with my Creator and all my relatives who have lived and died before me and wait for those who were part of my life before I got hurt or sick or what ever caused my death. Death is only a gateway to a better more meaningful existence. It's only scary to us for time until we actually go. Then it's a glorious existence in the presence of our Father God, Jesus, the Angels, and all our friends and relatives with whom will be reunited with when that time comes. When it's time it's time and we must let them go home.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I thank You for my health and the health and well-being of all my family and friends. Protect us Lord, from all the attacks by the enemy, sickness, disease, accidents and every sort of malady that comes upon us. Comfort those who are bed-ridden and in pain and those who are experiencing the loss of loved ones and touch them with the power of Your Holy Spirit, heal them and help them to understand Your will and purpose for their lives now, and the lives we will have with You in heaven when You call us home. Help us to know love and compassion and to hear Your voice. In the name of Jesus, Yeshua, our Lord and Savior.. Make it so..        

No comments:

Post a Comment