Monday, July 8, 2013

JUST WORDS?

What's a good "word"? First, God's Word is good. Then there are these up building words we have access to and can use to strengthen our minds and renew our thoughts to be more positive and purge out the bad words we hear all the time.....
Love, joy, peace, kindness, mildness, faithfulness, patience, self-control, goodness. Beauty, sweetness, wonderful, awesome, freedom, prosperity, abundance, light, truth, life, fun, laughter, pleasurable, healthy, vibrant, excellence, pretty, rejoice, gladness, hope, grace, and tolerance, to name some. I wrote these down in a note book some years ago and repeated them on paper for several pages. As I wrote them down on paper they became a part of my thought life. Good words will build you up, bad words will tear you down...Words like, impatience, hate, misery, selfishness, stupidity, lies, crying, sickness, disease, negativity, failure, lack, poverty, and all forms of vulgarity and cussing, accusing, deceit, slander, and words like these will cause us to follow these patterns of thinking. This is one way for us to renew our minds and change our thoughts to line up with God's Word. The Word of the living God is "powerful and sharper than any two edged sword."

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable----if anything is excellent or praiseworthy----think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me---put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."    Philippians 4:8-9  


PRAYER FOR TODAY

Thank You Father God, in the name of Jesus, for Your Word that helps us to understand our lives and how we can make them better by the power of good words. Good words produce good thoughts. Help me to practice saying good things to myself and others. Help me to encourage and be a positive influence on others by the words I choose to use everyday. Help me to control my tongue and speak boldly about the wonderful things found in Your Word. Thank You for blessing me with the truths found in Your Word and the ability to speak and write good things to be a blessing to others and bring glory and honor to Your name. I confess all my sins to You Lord and I know from Your Word that "You are faithful and just to forgive my sins." Thank You for Your mercy and grace and for drawing me ever closer to You by the power of the Holy Ghost. Thank You for being my Provider, my Healer, and my Protector. My Everything. In the name of Jesus, Yeshua, our Lord and King. Make it so.       

No comments:

Post a Comment