Thursday, July 11, 2013

MORE ABOUT "WORDS"?

We can help someone with our words or we can tear someone down with our words. Careless words can damage a relationship and start fights. Words can edify and words can terrify. How often do we choose our words carefully? Only when we are under attack  or need something from someone? We hire attorneys to speak for us when we are in trouble because they have the words to help us.
God "spoke" the world and the universe into existence. Jesus rebuked the devil with the "word" of God. So, how much power is available to us in our "words"? A bunch! The bible is full of words of wisdom and wisdom is "the principle thing." Can the words we speak help us to get what we want from our God and Father in heaven? Yes! Can our words hinder us and make our prayers and the Word of God of no effect. Yes! It takes practice to control the words of our mouth and of our pen. I have found out that the word of God "is powerful and sharper than any two edged sword." It can change our minds and our hearts and bring us ever closer to our Savior and our God and give us joy, peace, and hope. It is the beginning of wisdom. God's Word is ALIVE! Read it every day and keep it in your heart and mind. Let the "Word" transform and renew your mind. Thank You Father God for Your Word!!!!!!

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY

"A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver. Like an earring of gold or an ornament of fine gold is a wise mans rebuke to a listening ear."   Proverbs 25:11-12

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Thank You Father God for Your Word that strengthens us and guides us and gives us peace and hope for the future. Thank You for the wisdom and knowledge it supplies us and the encouragement it gives us. Help me to control my tongue and choose my words wisely and be a blessing to others with the words I choose to speak and to write. Help me to understand Your Word accurately so the truth in Your Word can be revealed to those who read what I write and listen to what I say. I confess all my sins now Lord and I thank You for forgiving me and cleansing me from all unrighteousness. Help me to grow strong in Your Word and let Your favor be on me. Thank You for being my Protector, my Healer, my Provider and my Deliverer. In the name of Jesus, Yeshua, our Lord and King. Make it so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment