Monday, July 22, 2013

PRAISE GOD?

I just heard another good teaching on CBN about the importance of praising God. Not only "Praying" to God, but "Praising" Him. When we praise Him with thanksgiving and attention to what He does for us everyday we open the door for Him to come into our lives and answer our prayers and grant requests. So now, I am going to make it a point to lift my hands in the air and let the words of praise come out of my mouth. Although I have not had a conscious experience with the "Prayer Language" or  "Speaking in Unknown Tongues" I believe I can still utter words of praise to the God I love and worship. I can acknowledge who He is and what He does and has done in my life. I want to be closer to Him above all things because He is my source for all good things, even everything I will ever be in this life and the next.
My flesh is at war with my Spirit now, and sometimes I feel like my Spirit Man is losing. I confess my sins everyday and I know He is faithful and just to forgive my sins but I still continue to do the very things I know are wrong. Why? The only answer I can give myself is what I read in my Bible. That, "His strength is made perfect by my weakness....." The scripture that Paul talks about the "thorn in his side" And the book of Romans Chapter 7:15-20 Where he says that, "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do, but what I hate I do." and he goes on to say, "What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death!" (Romans 7:24)  I can only thank Him, who made a way for me where there was no way before Jesus. I can only praise Him and acknowledge Him before men as my "Everything" despite my sinful nature.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

I praise You Father God! In the name of Jesus! HALLELUJAH! I praise the name of Almighty God, JEHOVAH! YAHWEH! I magnify Your name Father God! I magnify the name of Your Son and our Savior and King! The Lord JESUS! YESHUA! Thank You Lord JESUS! You are worthy of the highest praise! I magnify You HOLY SPIRIT! Please comfort me now in my time of distress. Council me. Take away all the guilt and condemnation I feel because of my sin, Lord. Wash me and make me clean and take away the desire to do the things I know are destructive to my relationship with You. I praise Your name! I praise Your Holy name Father God YAHWEH! Hear my prayers and petitions! Joy, peace, love, happiness, knowledge, freedom, health, prosperity, wisdom, and abundance. I pray for these blessings that I might become a blessing to others despite my sinful self.  Thank You JESUS! Thank You Lord God YAHWEH! I praise Your Holy Name. In the name of JESUS, YESHUA! Make it so.  


SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY

"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners----of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example to those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen." 

No comments:

Post a Comment