Monday, March 14, 2011

PRAYER FOR STRENGTH TO RESIST TEMPTATION

Lord God, In Jesus name I pray for the strength to resist the temptations that do harm to me and those I love. Forgive me for my weaknesses and help me to change my mind regarding the things the enemy keeps bringing to my attention. Replace those things with good things that will help me and those I love and even people I dont know. Help me to do Your will Lord, not mine. Help me to have the peace that surpasses all understanding and the joy that comes only when we live according to Your will. Help me to be free from all these temptations the same way You delivered me from my tobacco habit so that I might be a testimony to Your power and mercy and grace. Thank You Lord, in Jesus name, according to Your Word, Make it so, Amen 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this Prayer, I am free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn His face toward you and give you peace." SHALOM Thank You for the comment

      Delete
  2. Please pray that God gives my loved one Harry the wisdom, discretion and strength that will help him avoid and resist every temptation from the enemy! Lord God, I ask You so much that You change Harry's heart according to Your Will and Your Word for his life. Speak to his heart, let him know what is good, and pleasing and perfect to Your eyes and help him to do so. Don't let him rush into relationships, but please help him to wait on You, Lord, and to resist every evil people and their evil plans. Bless him and protect him, Lord. In Jesus' Mighty name I pray. Amen. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete