Tuesday, June 4, 2013

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY

"The LORD is my sheperd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green patures, he leads me beside still waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his names sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your satff they comfort me."    Psalm 23:1-4


This psalm is commonly read at Christian funerals and now having understood the reasons why King David wrote this song to the LORD I believe it should be read at the birth of every Christian child instead of the death because this is about life and how God sheperds us and protects us and provides for us who believe. Read this psalm slowly and think about every word and how it descibes the joy of having the Lord God of creation for your sheperd and how much he loves you and wants to take care of you and provide for your every need.


"You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup over flows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."   Psalm 23:5-6


PRAYER FOR TODAY


Father God, in the name of Jesus I thank you for today and all my blessings. I thank you for blessing me with understanding and the joy of Your Word and the comfort that comes with having You as my God and Savior. You are awesome Father God and I love You and Your ways and I thank You for loving me depite all my sin and short commings. Help me to be a blessing to others and bring glory and honor to Your name. I confess all my sin and know that You are faithful and just to forgive my sin. Thank You for being my Sheperd and taking care of my every want and need. In the name of Jesus, Yeshua and by the power of the Holy Spirit, make it so.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment