Wednesday, June 5, 2013

FAITH COMES BY HEARING?

Paul wrote to the Jews at Rome and told them, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Could he have meant, hearing and hearing and hearing and hearing some more. Listening to the Word preached not just once or twice or three times but "hearing" continuously, every day, not just on the Sabbath or Sunday but hearing enough to let the "Word" saturate the inward being there by producing the kind of "faith" pleaseing to God and powerful enough to save the worst of sinners of whom Paul professed to be? I believe that Paul was speaking to all of the believers when he wrote this line and that he meant for us to keep hearing and hearing it until the Gospel of God's grace sinks  deep into our hearts and minds there by transforming us into faith-filled advocates of the Gospel message of "grace."
All I know is that the more I listen to and read the Word, my faith is strengthened. Not that I am made more righteous but that the gift of righteousness is more noticable in me and I tend to project that in my words and deeds. That's why the Bible says that the "Word of God is more powerful and sharper than a two edged sword." So, hear it and hear it and hear it some more. Keep letting the Word into your heart and mind and you will see and feel the power of God's Word transform your life into something amazing!


SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY

"So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."  Romans 10:17 (NKJV)


PRAYER FOR TODAY

Thank You Father God in the name of Jesus, for your Word and all those who teach and preach Your Word so that we can hear it everyday and let it fill our hearts and minds with true faith and joy and peace and Your love which surpasses all understanding. That we, as believers can exercise our faith and bring glory and honor to Your name and the name of our King and Savior Jesus, Yeshua, the Messiah. Help me to show my faith in You by shareing your Word with all those who will listen and hear what You say to better our lives and have the hope of everlasting life with You in heaven and on the earth. Thank You for being my God, my Protector, my Healer, and my Provider. I praise You Abba, in the name Jesus, Yeshua, make it so.       

No comments:

Post a Comment