Sunday, January 3, 2021

 PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, in the name of Jesus I come before You this morning to give You thanks and praise for all my blessings, for the beauty that surrounds me and the wonderful things You have given me in this life. Especially my children and grandchildren. Help me to do right and live by faith which is not easy for me to do since I am still trying understand why I am even alive today. You would think by now I would have a better understanding of Your will and purpose for me but I am still struggling with my self and my weaknesses...I know Your Word says to "fear not" but I have fear of the unknown, I fear what I cannot see, and what I don't understand, and the things I think I understand I still have fear. Help me Father to not fear and to trust you always and in all things. Reveal Yourself to me as You have done with others. My teachers say that You have revealed Yourself to them in a profound way that totally changed and transformed them in this life so that they have an "intimate' relationship with You. What does that mean? How can that even be since you are a Spirit and we are flesh, how can we know You that way? How can we touch You and embrace You and feel Your touch? I understand how You speak to us through Your Word but how can we hear Your voice and know it is really You talking to us and not our own inner voice talking to us? Please help me to understand. In the name of Jesus, make it so..... Amen 

SCRIPTURES FOR TODAY

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."     Genesis 1:1  N.K.J.V.

"Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."  Genesis 1:26   N.K.J.V.

No comments:

Post a Comment