Tuesday, February 4, 2020

WHY ME?

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God--- Having a form of Godliness but denying it's power. Have nothing to do with them.  2 Timothy 3:1-5  (N.I.V.)


PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I thank You for all my blessings despite all my sinful tendencies... But why was I born into such a sinful, undisciplined body as I am? From my earliest memories I have been plagued by wrong thoughts and actions. I remember doing certain things as young as three or four. Too embarrassing to mention here but You know all about me... I can't hide or lie about these things. I would just like to know, why me? Why couldn't I have been born a more honorable and moral person?  If You have a plan for my life, what is it or now what was it?? It surely can't be the way I've been living all these years. With all the weaknesses, willful sinfulness, wrong thoughts, selfishness, many of the things described in the above Scripture. I don't want to be that way! Help me Father God! I'm about sick of myself and the way I am... Am I really saved? Have You made a way for me to be with You in paradise? I'd like to know for sure but I have my doubts now.  All I can seem to do is apologize, but what good is that? The facts are, I am a weak and sinful person... Is there any hope for me or should I just give up and lay down and get it all over with? Help me Jesus! I feel lost and alone... Save me from myself! In Jesus name, Amen 

1 comment: