Thursday, January 7, 2016

WHEN I WAS A LITTLE KID

Dear Grandkids,
When I was little I can't remember anyone trying to teach me anything about God so I grew up not knowing much about why everything was how it was. Only what I heard here and there and mostly that was someone using God's name in a cuss word or in a useless way. I'm sure you've heard all that too but I'm teaching you the truth about God because I know it's very important to have Him in your life. I've lived both ways, and let me tell you that it's much better to live with Him in your life than without Him.
When you start to draw near to God and desire Him He will draw nearer to you and you will feel His Spirit guiding you and He will become a great joy to you. When you talk to Him (pray) He will hear you and if it's in your best interest He will give you what you ask for. So when you talk to Him always thank Him first and then ask Him for things according to His Word and will. Like, instead of asking for a nice toy, or money, or something material ask Him for happiness, joy, comfort, peace and so forth. These things are found in His Kingdom so when you seek after the things in His Kingdom He will give you the material things on earth that will bring you happiness, peace, joy, comfort, and pleasure.
There are no poor people in God's kingdom. So ask Him for prosperity and abundance. There are no sick people in God's kingdom so ask Him for health and healing, there are no sad people in His kingdom so ask Him for joy and peace, there are no crazy people in His Kingdom so ask Him for a sound mind and wisdom.... If you ask Him for things like this He will give you the necessary things on this earth to make all these other things happen.
That's why reading, and listening, and studying His Word is so important. It's so that you come to know what His purpose is for you. And believe me, He has a good plan for each and every one of us who take Him to heart and believe in Him. Even though you can't see God He is real and He blesses us through other people and by His Spirit that is living in each and every one of us...  Love Grandpap

SCRIPTURES FOR TODAY

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer" 
Matthew 21:22  (N.I.V.)

"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name and I will do it."     John 14:12-14  (N.I.V.)

"You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God..............."     Genesis 20:4-6  (N.I.V.)


PRAYER FOR TODAY

Thank You Father God for all the promises and blessings found in Your Word. Thank You for wisdom, peace, love and joy. We believe You when You make us promises and we know You want only the best for us so we praise You Lord and we love You Father. Help us everyday to know You better and do the things that please you. Be our Guide, our Protector, and our Provider... Thank You. In the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.. Make it so, Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment