Tuesday, January 19, 2016

GIVE GENEROUSLY? WHY?

Dear Grandkids,
If you want to be blessed with abundance and prosperity and always have more than enough to satisfy your needs then you really need to understand the principle of "giving". When I was young, I wasn't taught to give and be generous with other people, I suppose because my parents weren't taught and neither were their parents. So, I want to explain to you why being a 'giver' is so important.
It wasn't until later in my life that I finally discovered why I was always in need and lack. It was because I was stingy with my money and possessions. I just didn't want to let go of what I had because I was afraid I would run out of everything and not have enough for 'me'. That was before I came to understand how God designed the world and made things work. He set in motion certain laws such as 'gravity' which causes everything to be firmly placed on the ground. The saying, "What goes up must come down" is talking about the law of gravity. There is another law that God put in place called the "Law of Reciprocity" which basically means, 'what goes around comes around'. So, if we give generously to people in need or when we give to support a Christian ministry, or direct our giving to the chosen people of God which is a blessing to them, God will reward us with more to give.
Because of the way God set things up we can be sure that His instructions are true and accurate. Jesus said something like this, "It is better to give than to receive." And other places in God's Word it talks about the importance of giving. I just know it works for me because before I started giving my 10% or 'tithe' I was always broke or when I finally did get ahead something would happen and all my money had to be spent, like car breaking down or unexpected trouble that would cost money to get out of. That's what the bible calls the 'devourer', anything that devours your resources unexpectedly. Now, since I've been a tither, God always seems to provide and He does it in the most unexpected ways but He always seems to work through other people to meet my needs and have left overs to give. For example the latest blessing I have experienced are these 4 renters I have staying in my house. They came from out of nowhere really and what is so cool is that there are many other places for rent in my area but God seems to have directed these guys to my place. The details of this particular blessing are amazing but I don't want to take up much more of your time right now so I will just say God really does work through other people to bless us or to curse us.
What I'm trying to say is don't be afraid to let go of what's in your hand because when you do God will let go of what's in His hand for you and believe me He has much better things in His hand to give you. Again this is where 'faith' comes in. You must believe first then you will see it. The world teaches you to 'not' to believe it until you see it but that is not faith and that way of thinking will hold you back from God's blessings. Ok, that's all for now but I will talk to you more about this soon... Love Grandpap

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY

"Give and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into you bosom. For with the measure that you use it will be measured back to you."   Luke 6:38 (N.K.J.V.)

"Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. But you ask, 'How do we rob you?'
"In tithes and offerings. You are under a curse---the whole nation of you---because you are robbing me. Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this, "says the LORD Almighty" and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."   Malachi 3:8-10 (N.I.V.)

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Thank You Father God in Jesus name we thank You for Your Word that tells us how we can receive Your blessings and live our lives in abundance and prosperity and not lack any good thing. We thank You that You provide richly for us even in the worst of times. Help us to have the courage to step out in faith and let go of the things in our hands and be a blessing to others and bring glory and honor to Your name. Help us to see the wrongs we do and make things right. Thank You for the Holy Spirit that helps and guides us through this life and leads us on the path to everlasting life with You. In the name above all others, Jesus, our Lord we pray. Make it so...            

No comments:

Post a Comment