Tuesday, February 18, 2014

THE BLESSING

THE AARONIC BLESSING

I believe these are very powerful words. They are recorded in the book of "Numbers" found in the "Old Testament." I was listening to a Messianic Jewish Rabbi teach this prayer this morning on "Discovering The Jewish Jesus" and if I was hearing him right, it's OK to add pronouns, (us, me, you,) etc..... And the words, (is, will.) So it reads like this:
 "The LORD (is) blessing you and keeping you; the LORD is making His face shine upon you and is being gracious to you; the LORD is lifting  up His countenance upon you. And is giving you peace."  Numbers 6:22-26 (N.K.J.V.)

From what I understand, the Hebrew language is complicated and can have a wide range of meanings for certain words found in the Old Testament..... Hence, variations in translations.... Compare N.I.V., N.K.J.V. and others.... Certain translations bring a different meaning to these scriptures and this could be why many people believe the Bible is not accurate.... At any rate, I believe the Word of God is true and the Holy Spirit guides our understanding of it...

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Thank You Father God, Yahweh, for Your Word in Jesus' name. Help us to understand Your Word. Help is to know what You are saying when we read and study it. Thank You Father for this great blessing, for the peace and joy and comfort it brings us... Help us to follow it and be strong enough to stand up for it and share it with others, to know You through Your Word and make You known to others according to Your Word... Thank You for all my blessings and for being my, Provider, Protector, Healer, and for our Savior Jesus, Yeshua, and the Holy Spirit, and the gift of righteousness.... In the name of Jesus, Yeshua, make it so.....            

No comments:

Post a Comment