Wednesday, April 10, 2013

YOUR HEARTS DESIRE?

WHAT IS IT?

God says He will give us our hearts desire. What do you 'desire' in your heart? Most of us want the same basic things. A warm bed, good food, a nice place to live, money in the bank, and the love of family and friends. O.K. how will God give us these things? I don't know how He does it but He just causes things to happen. I found out that when I pray for joy, peace of mind, health, love, freedom, abundance, and prosperity these other 'desires' are a bi-product. Joy is had by a warm bed and good food, money in the bank, as is peace of mind. True freedom is had by having enough financial resources to do what you like, and go where you want, when you want and not be tied down to a job or bound by commitments. I don't know how many times I was frustrated to tears because I lived in lack and bound by a job that, well, basically enslaved me because my job dictated to me when I woke up in the morning, what clothes I was to wear, when I could eat, when I could use the bathroom and how much money I could have. I had to settle for less than what I really wanted. In truth, my hearts desire was not being met because I wasn't going to my "Source" who is my Father in heaven. I tried to get everything I wanted by my own power and I failed miserably.

I found out eventually that when I went to the Lord in prayer and meditation and started reading and applying His Word everything started to change in my life. Now I have a different life, full of purpose and joy and peace and abundance, not lack and insecurity, but of prosperity and happiness. I feel better now than ever, probably due to my freedom from the addiction to cigarettes and the stress and insecurity of a 'job'. Now I have a Protector, Provider, and Healer who knows no limits and is always there sticking closer to me than a brother. The people in my life who knew me before are probably amazed at the changes that have taken place in me. I tell them all the same thing, "It's a God thing." If you want to be truly joyful and happy in this life find out how you can serve God, your Father in heaven who loves you and wants a relationship with you. He wants you to have your hearts desire too, really, it's just a matter of getting to know Him because to know Him is to love Him. Do it by prayer and meditation. His Word is very powerful because it reveals His heart and His mind so we can know Him and choose whether or not we want to serve Him. You will have to serve somebody, why not the One who made you.

On the other side of the coin are those who don't really want all the good things in life but seek destruction, strife, and chaos, they hate, they murder, they take and do not give anything. They are selfish and proud and refuse to acknowledge the One who created them. Some of these same people bow down to false Gods and reject the true God and insist on following men who believe that they have the power to be "God". I really have a hard time understanding why these kind of people choose  to be this way. I guess this would be why God says that the 'enemy' blinds the eyes of the unbeliever. All hope is not lost for them though, they may still have a chance to be saved. In the letter Paul wrote to the Romans he says, "For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that He may have mercy on them all."  Romans 11:32        

No comments:

Post a Comment