Tuesday, June 24, 2014

DISCIPLINE?

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY

"Blessed is the man whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty. For he wounds, but he also binds up; he injures but his hands also heal."  Job 5:17-18  (N.I.V)


PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, In Jesus' name I will always thank You for being my God and drawing me closer to You by the power of Your Word and Spirit. Even though I have much sin still in my life I confess it all and ask that you help me to overcome all of it... I do not understand why You haven't delivered me from these things that  I know are hurting me and keeping me from enjoying all the blessings you have for me. I feel the urge to cry and the tears are sincere. Where is my joy? The joy I had in You? Why can't it always be present in my heart now? Help me Father God. You know I love You and Your Word despite all my sin I keep on reading and listening and being taught and sharing as much as I can. I pray to You for deliverance now and always. Please bless my family with peace, security, freedom, joy and health now and in the years to come. In the name of Jesus, Yeshua, our Lord and God. Make it so.....

I still refer to Romans chapter 7:15-20 to try to understand why there is still so much sin in my life. The apostle Paul evidently struggled with this issue as well. He kept doing things that he did not want to do and admitted to the sin he had in his life despite being called by God to preach the Gospel message to us gentiles. About his own weaknesses Paul said he would boast all the more because the Lord told him that, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9. Read the entire 12th chapter of 2nd Corinthians and maybe it will shed light on this subject for you as well as myself. All I can say is thank God for His mercy and grace on all of us who believe!  

No comments:

Post a Comment