Sunday, June 11, 2017

DEAR GRANDKIDS

Dear Kids, I know it's been a while since I've posted and there's really no excuse for neglecting to write you so here I am again. Just have some things on my mind that I need to talk about and tell you. First off, I must tell how proud I am of you and how much I love you. You are really my pride and my joy and I'm so blessed to have you for my grandchildren.

You girls are growing up way too fast and I haven't been able to go to any of your school functions or be there for you or even get to know your personalities. All I hear is what your Dad and Mom tell me and it's all good. I'm not much of a telephone person because I have a hard time hearing what you're saying when we do talk but just wanted to let you know that I think about you often and can't wait to visit, hopefully sometime in the near future. Just know that Pap loves you and cares about you and is so proud that you are my granddaughters.

I need to apologize for not trying to be closer with you even though there is a couple thousand miles between us, I am sorry. I do wish we could be closer, I'm missing so much of your childhoods, nearly all of it. I regret that I can't visit regularly for what ever reason.....

To my  grandson... always know that old Pap will be there for you and I will try to be the best Grandfather I can be. Even though I have made many mistakes lately and I can sense your disappointment in me I hope you can forgive me if I've caused you any embarrassment or grief. I always look forward to hanging out with you and playing ball with you whenever I come to watch you... I am worried that those days are not gonna last. You are getting older and you really won't need a "baby sitter" before long. I can sense it's just a matter of a short time that I will no longer be needed to get you off the school bus and hang out with you til your mom gets home from work.  But you can call me anytime and I will be there for you since we only live a short distance away. Your two cousins live too far away for me to visit and hang out with them.  I know I talk too much and I've been a blabber mouth about certain things that are better not to be talked about and I am sorry for that. One of my flaws is that I talk too much about the wrong things. I just can't seem to control my mouth. I've lost friends on account of my mouth and even lost my wife and kids on account of some of the things I've said in the past. And I don't want to lose the love and respect of my Grandchildren. One of the most important things in this life is having children and family that truly love and respect you. Try to imagine what it would feel like to know your children are disappointed and embarrassed by you and all your family members would rather you not come around. So always try to be honest, trustworthy, and helpful and speak kind and caring words as much as you can. Just love them and they will love you back.

That is a good lesson for you to learn... be careful of what you say because words are powerful things. Speaking the wrong words can hurt you and someone you love. Speaking the right words at the right time can help you and bring you favor and joy. And if you know something about a person that might cause embarrassment to them just don't tell anyone, some things are better left unsaid. Speaking hurtful words or telling someone else's secrets can damage your reputation and kill friendships. Try to speak positive words and be encouraging to others and always listen to yourself and think about what you're gonna say before you say it. If you learn this lesson when you are young it could help save you much grief and heart ache. I know this from experience.

Ok Kids, I'm gonna close this out with a prayer just know that you are all in my heart and mind, my pride and joy just as you are with your parents... I love you....

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, Thank You for watching over my children and grandchildren, please keep them safe and happy as they move along in this life. Draw them closer to You and bless them with the desires of their hearts. Lord God please help them to know that I love them want to be there for them no matter what. Please restore the love, trust, and honor they once had for me and help me to be the best Dad and Grandpa I can be. Help me to control my ignorant mouth.... I can't seem to do it on my own. Help me not to be an embarrassment to them and put it in their hearts to forgive me if I've said or done anything hurtful or stupid to cause this rejection I feel. Help me to get over my mistakes and forgive my self for the wrongs I've done.... Make it so in the name of Jesus... Amen   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment